4.20.2011

GIRL Clothes

How about a few pictures and a SEWING TIP:)

For those of you out there sewing shorts, pants, or bloomers...this is for you!  Even if you buy "non-roll" elastic....it's still rolls sometimes when you wash a garment.  I got a pair of shorts for EmK last year on clearance from a popular brand and the first time I washed them the elastic was all twisted...frustrating!  Well, here's a quick solution.  After you sew the shorts/bloomers turn them right side and adjust your elastic so it's even through the waistband.   You want to do a few stitches (go forwards and backwards) in the actual front and back (or side) seams so that you stitch down the elastic.  This will help the elastic to not twist.  I can't promise it will NEVER turn again, but it's a lot less likely.  Since I've learned this trick my elastic in EmK's clothes has stayed perfect....and well she's got a lot of clothes with elastic:)





3 comments:

  1. Great tip! Another trick I do to help with elastic twisting is always sew a row of stitching around the very top edge of the short/pants etc. as close to the edge as possible without running off. Sometimes with my boys shorts I will make my elastic casing as normal run elastic, close up casing adjust elastic so everything is even then stitch straight down the middle of the casing centering the elastic. This really holds everything in it's place for those ruff and tuff little rovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you made a pattern for the button up shirt on the bottom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, that is a Mary James shirt. I just added the mermaid.

    ReplyDelete